GODSPEED Trinity Red Blend, 2013, Napa Valley
SOLD OUT FOR NOW EXCEPT MAGNUM SIZE. See Below. MAY WE SUGGEST A FABULOUS RED BLEND? Coplan Chairman Red blend- A DOUBLE GOLD WINNER
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Gold Medal, American Fine Wine Competition
- Rare, mountain fruit - Cab and Malbec from 1500 foot elevation plus gorgeous, silky Oak Knoll Syrah
- Ed Sbragia, Bremer buy Godspeed highly prized grapes for vineyard designated wines
WINEMAKER: Proprietor Larry Stricker and Chris Corley: Monticello Vineyards
WHAT WE TASTED: This vintage year, considered "stunningly great" by all critics, is barrel aged three years, then bottle aged another year. This is not a high alcohol fruit bomb. Big nose of black cherry, coffee and pepper, with elegant mouth filling flavors of blueberry, spice and peppercorns and cocoa. Sweet oak, soft plush tannins.
AVA DESIGNATED: Mt Veeder AVA, Napa
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Clemente’s malfatti dumplings with red sauce
- Baked tofu with red wine mushroom sauce
- Labor day bbq - chicken, burgers, ribs and veggies
Camembert topped with black berry compote and a balsamic reductio
PERSONALITY: Larry Stricker is the acclaimed architect of Scottsdale's The Phoenician as well as other world famous resorts. Half of his sought after fruit is used by Sbragia, Newton, Mayacamas, Robert Craig and others. The vines are "above the weather" and consistent award winners. Trinity has been featured on TV's "Backroads" program.
- Rich Kunde Clone 8 and Clone 338, Malbec clone 595
- 42% Cabernet, 25% Malbec, 33% Syrah
- 35 months in French Oak....Vosges, Dargaud/Jaegle
- Only 150 cases produced
- 13.1% alcohol
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!