REWA Cabernet Sauvignon, Coombsville, Napa Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT: 96 Points, The Wine Advocate, top of the line Cabernet from the 2016 vintage.
REWA is the flagship Cabernet Sauvignon from Rewa Vineyards. With soils some 9,000 years old this estate perched within a collapsed volcano has two distinct vineyards - one much cooler than the other and perfect for mountain Cab. It's aromas are so reflective of place - fruit, earth, spice and herbs- they are tightly woven and almost difficult to separate. Perfection!
WINEMAKER: The legendary Celia Welch
PERSONALITY: Celia Welch awards:
- 2008, Food & Wine’s Winemaker of the Year.
- 2006, Forbes.com “Top Ten Tastemaker”
- Inducted Winemaker’s Hall of Fame
AVA DESIGNATED: Coombsville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: 2019 Vintage: Deep garnet color with aromas of fig jam, caramelized sugar, and flavors of cocoa, lavender and delightful licorice. Ripe, dense
and complex. Loads of juicy fruit and fine grained tannins on an ultra long finish.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Montana Bison ribeye, fried smoked gouda gnocci with veal demiglaze
- Wild mushroom omelette, bacon wrapped figs, green salad with shaved truffle cheese
- Petite filet, blue cheese compound butter
- Each block fermented separately, pressed, transferred to French oak barrels and kept as a discreet lot for ten months.
- The wine was then blended and returned to
barrels for an additional year of aging in French oak.
- Organically farmed vineyard, fish friendly farming certified
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!