YOUNT RIDGE CELLARS 2018 Sauvignon Blanc, Oakville
SOLD OUT. May we suggest Celia's newest Sauvignon Blanc? The impecable REWA Vineyards SB.
Complementary ground shipping on 3 or more bottles* USE CODE VINO
WHY WE LOVE IT:
One third Sauvignon Musque clone lends gorgeous aromatics to this rare, organically farmed Sauvignon Blanc.
WINEMAKER: The legendary Celia Welch.
- 100 Point Winemaker
- 2008, Food & Wine’s Winemaker of the Year
- 2006, Forbes.com “Top Ten Tastemaker”
- Inducted Winemaker’s Hall of Fame
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: The Yount Ridge Vineyard is high in natural acidity resulting in a fresh and vibrant wine with expressive aromas and flavors of citrus, peach, mango, jasmine and tropical pineapple. But there's steely flint and florals with a hint of grass, making what we say "something for everyone in this elegant wine." A touch of oak adds creamy brioche and an ultra long finish. Ages for quite a few years too. Magnificent
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Lobster tortelloni, Sauce Américaine, Himeji mushrooms, Spinach side
- Grilled grouper with remoulade sauce and mango slaw
- Raw Oysters, mint-cilantro mignonette
- Thai quinoa salad with lime and chili
- Argentine Provaleta
- Bay scallops, pickled green grapes & strawberry relish
PERSONALITY: The absolute best Sauv Blanc on the planet! A rarity for Oakville. Ultra luxury wineries want these grapes. Philippe Melka has pulled grapes from this very special vineyard. Cult wineries want them. You betcha!
- Aged 6 months in 70% new French Oak
- Only 150 cases
Collector's Wine, Complementary Shipping *
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*