LUSCHER BALLARD Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Spring Mountain
Complimentary ground shipping on 3 or more bottles* USE CODE VINO
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Prized Spring Mountain fruit, Napa Valley
- For collectors, highly allocated, amazing price.
- Produces only this wine and you can taste why!
WINEMAKER: The Legendary John Kongsgaard
WHAT WE TASTED: A rich, opulent, voluptuous wine - pure concentration and deep purple in the glass. Dark currants and cassis, woodsy with blackberry and blueberry and dried herb. A firm acidity and long finish of sweet tannins. A great vintage year for wines of great depth.
AVA DESIGNATED: Spring Mountain, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Buffalo or beef burgers with Pt Reyes blue cheese
- Vegetarian lasagna with tons of mushrooms and parm
- Anything with chocolate in it!
- Steak. Steak. Prime Steak. A dusting of curry too.
PERSONALITY: Proprietors Christina and Carrol Ballard have made world famous films during their career in Hollywood. The Black Stallion and Never Cry Wolf are just two of their beautiful and renown movies. Since turning their creativity to wine with the help of legendary John Kongsgaard and his son Alex, Christina has taught herself to grow and farm the grapes in this 15-acre top of the mountain vineyard.
Spring Mountain wines are highly sought out. And expensive—a neighboring estate’s Cabernets are priced at $350. Luscher Ballard's wines are young and complex and represent an opportunity to purchase at an entry price. Highly allocated. Buy one to drink and one to lay down in the cellar. You will be rewarded.
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon prized Spring Mountain fruit.
- Clone 337
- Fermented on native yeast
- Biodynamic farming methods
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!