Luscher Ballard Cabernet Sauvignon Vertical Gift Pack
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Includes the 2015, 2016 and 2018 vintages of an exclusive, award-winning cabernet from the esteemed Spring Mountain AVA.
- Robert Parker Rated 93!
- Highly allocated, amazing price!
- Fullest expression of a mountain vineyard at 2200 feet
WINEMAKER: Legendary John Kongsgaard
WHAT WE TASTED: Dense purple color, dark currants and cassis, woodsy with blackberry and blueberry and dried herb. A firm acidity and long finish of sweet tannins,
AVA DESIGNATED: Spring Mountain, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Filet mignon with sauce béarnaise, potatoes Anna
- Roasted Duck with Michigan blueberry sauce
- Seared pork tenderloin with capers, lemon and gratin dauphinoise
PERSONALITY: Proprietors Christina and Carrol Ballard have made world famous films during their career in Hollywood. The Black Stallion and Never Cry Wolf are just two of their beautiful and renown movies. Now, they’ve turned their creativity to wine with the help of legendary John Kongsgaard and his son Alex. Christina taught herself to grow and farm the grapes in this 15-acre vineyard.
Spring Mountain wines are highly sought out. And expensive—a neighboring estate’s Cabernets are priced at $350 each. Luscher Ballard's wines are young and complex and represent an opportunity to purchase at an entry price. Highly allocated.
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon prized Spring Mountain fruit.
- Clone 337
- Fermented on native yeast
- Biodynamic farming methods
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!