TOPEL WINES Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Mendocino
Complementary ground shipping on 4 or more bottles * USE CODE VINO4
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- The winemaker's pedigree for one, having worked under Paul Hobbs and Chapoutier of the Rhone and Vinos Cobos of Mendoza
- Mountain grown, sustainably farmed, wildcrafted native yeast fermentation
- Duncan Peak sits at 1400 feet elevation above the Russian River fog and the steep slopes only allow for hand picking and tending vines
- Cabernet 90%, Merlot 5%, Petite Sirah 4%, Petite Verdot 1%
WINEMAKER: Martin Bernal-Hafner: Chapoutier, Vinos Cobos, Paul Hobbs
WHAT WE TASTED: Beautiful deep garnet color with aromas of violets and cassis. On the palate it's filled with bright ripe red fruits, figs, currants, while retaining a graphite minerality. Very old world style that will continue to age for another 15 years at least.
AVA DESIGNATED: Mendocino
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Rack of lamb with red wine reduction
- Chicago deep dish pepperoni pizza
- Grilled cap steak with potatoes au gratin and broccolini
- Cheese plate or Morbier, Pecorino, Idiazabal
PERSONALITY: Martin spent time in Northern Rhone and Argentina learning to make Syrahs and great Cabs and it shows. While the pristine, 160-acre heritage vineyard dates back to late 1800s, only 15 acres are planted to grapevine while nature takes up the rest. Martin embodies wildcrafting wines using organic farming methods and letting nature always take its course. The frog on the label stands sentry over over one of the property’s natural springs and embodies nature’s inspiration to work the land.
- Only 100 cases made
- 14.4% Alcohol
- Aged in French oak, 24 months
- 29 days maceration time in small tanks
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!