COPLAN VINEYARDS Harpsichord Chardonnay, Carneros
- SILVER medal winner - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- True varietal comes shining through like a Burgundian Chard
- Not too much oak treatment which keeps it crisp too
- Certified Sustainably and Ecocentric farmed vineyard, tiny 4 acres on the Sonoma side of Carneros
WINEMAKER: Jacqueline Yoakum: Alumni of Littorai Schramsberg, Keller, Stags Leap Wine Cellars. Consulting winemaker Greggarious, Magnus and Astorie
AVA DESIGNATED: Carneros, Sonoma
WHAT WE TASTED: A crisp, not buttery Chardonnay with well integrated but not overwhelming oak. It is juicy with lemon and citrus notes along with peach and pear and almost custard creamy on the mid-palate. Honeysuckle/floral notes with lovely minerality and natural acidity. Beautiful, rich, round mouth feel and lingering finish. Like an Albarino or unoaked Chablis. Let the Chard shine through!
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Paella with fish, mussels and shellfish
- Sautéed skate wings with a butter caper sauce, lemon rice
- Homemade spinach gruyere quiche
- Greek Lemon sauce grilled chicken thighs
- Lemon ricotta risotto
PERSONALITY: The Coplan family are all about sustainability and preserving the Sonoma wine country way of life. The property and vineyard is called Coplandia, which captures the family surname and a playful sense of purist farming practices and modern farmhouse architectural aesthetic. Winemaking duties have recently been taken over by Jacqueline Yoakum, who is known for wildcrafting wines as natural as can be.
- 100% Chardonnay, Barrel fermented
- Partial malolactic
- Lees aged, 16 months aging
- Only 50 cases made
- Alcohol 13.1%
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!