ARBUCKLE RIDGE 57 Octaves Below Middle C, Templeton Gap, Paso Robles
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Wowza 93 Points Wine Enthusiast, 91 James Suckling
- Inaugural Release with 4 varietals from the tiny family vineyard
- Arbuckle is a kind of big river rock soil so you can guess this blend rocks
WINEMAKER: Jason Sauders
WHAT WE TASTED:
This wine is lively from the get go - color, check, nose, check, flavor, check. Ripe berry, toasty oak and spicy tea nose. Palate is nicely zinged with acidity to round out any "grippiness." Then those dark ripe fruits, chai spice and vanilla oak flow through.
PERSONALITY: “57 Octaves Below Middle C” got its name because it’s the sound a black hole makes. The label is a distorted film photograph of a distorted horizon reminiscent to the event horizon of a black hole. While Jason made Cabernet from the family vineyard, his desire to make a wine that "stood out like no other wine you can find on the market," he focused on what Paso grows best. That led to diving into a black hole of possibilities. After months of blending trials, he, escaped the theoretical black hole with a perfect blend (see below).
AVA DESIGNATED: Templeton Gap
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Lamb gyros - keep it simple
- Pizza with red sauce
- Jamon Iberica, spanish tapas are perfect
- Grilled cap steaks - if you can find them - with salt and pepper
- 56% Temperanillo, 30% Syrah, 7% Mourvedre, 7% Grenache
- Alcohol 15.4%
- 50% New oak, 50% Neutral oak
- 150 cases made
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!