COPLAN VINEYARDS Resonate Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma Valley
- Classic Bordeaux style Cabernet from organically farmed Coplan Vineyards
- Cool climate, picked early to preserve acidity
- Heritage, old vine Cabernet from the 1940s - how cool is that?
WINEMAKER: Jacqueline Yoakum: Alumni of Littorai, Schramsberg, Keller, Stags Leap Wine Cellars. Consulting winemaker Greggarious, Magnus and Astorie.
AVA DESIGNATED: Sonoma Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: Big aromas and flavors of black currants, cola, tobacco, chocolate and toasted oak are carried across the palate with delicate tannins. A hint of graphite on the long finish reminds you of the terroir supporting these very old Cabernet Sauvignon vines. We think the long finish "resonates" beautifully.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- BBQ pork ribs, summer corn, salad
- Morton's burger with blue cheese sitting at the bar of course
- Lamb any which way
- Lemon Ricotto Gnocchi
PERSONALITY: The Coplan family are all about sustainability and preserving the Sonoma wine country way of life. The property and vineyard is called Coplandia, which captures the family surname and a playful sense of purist farming practices and modern farmhouse architectural aesthetic. Winemaking duties have recently been taken over by Jacqueline Yoakum, who is known for wildcrafting wines as natural as can be.
- Farmed at 1 1/2 ton per acre
- Only 45 cases made
- 40% New Oak, extended barrel fermentation
- 77% Cabernet, 23% Merlot
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!