HIBOU Syrah, Kobler Vineyard, Sonoma Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Pronouned ee-boo, which means owl and represents the wild and natural beauty found in small, pristine vineyards
- Winemaker Jason Driscoll's culinary background is evident in his balanced and refined wines made to be food-friendly
- A reserve level, single vineyard wine from the highly regarded hillside Kolber Vineyard - sustainably farmed
- Wine Enthusiast rating: 93 points
WINEMAKER: Jason Driscoll (Hunnicutt, DeSante Wines, Tilth, Chalk Hill, Elsom Cellars)
WHAT WE TASTED:
A perfect 10 for our focus on Wildcrafted wines fermented with native yeasts. An awesome violet color starts the visual. Aromas are rich, black and blue fruits, tea, spice and smokey vanilla from neutral oak. All carry through to the palate - mouthfeel is medium body - yet long full finish with gentle tannins.
AVA DESIGNATED: Sonoma
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Roasted pork with reserve balsamic, pine nuts and golden raisins
- Butter poached shrimp with string beans and charred tomato
- Simple bucatini pesto pasta
"I watch the barrel, this living thing, and envision what it will become over its lifespan. I’ve learned to let it be, intervene only as it makes sense, follow its singular story over the course of the year."
- 142 cases produced
- 100% whole cluster fermentation; 100% neutral French oak
- 100% Syrah
- 14.2% Alcohol
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect April 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!