HIGHLANDS Cabernet Sauvignon, Howell Mountain, Napa Valley
Complimentary Ground Shipping on 3 or more bottles* USE CODE VINO
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Gold Medal - American Fine Wine Competition
- Amazingly affordable Howell Mountain Cabernet
- 2017 vintage harvested before the fires
- Known for small batch winemaking techniques
WINEMAKER: Bradley Smith; Silenus.
WHAT WE TASTED:
Full and powerful nose and deep ruby/garnet color in this 100% Cabernet Sauvignon delighted us. Vibrant aromas of cherry, red berries, vanilla, and gentle oak on the nose and a chocolate, cream-like finish on the palate. With a full and lush sense of sweetness on each sip there is an earthy, smoky black berry and even more cocoa cream finish. Sophisticated but very friendly.
AVA DESIGNATED: Howell Mountain, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Tofu Tikka Masala
- Roasted Endive topped with Gorgonzola
- Short Ribs with Mushroom, Shallot Compote
PERSONALITY: From a Silver Oak alumni partnering with a long time high-end grape grower for Caymus and Chateau Montelena.
- 14.8% alcohol
- 18 Months in 33% New French Oak
- Half ton macro bin fermentation
- Cellar up to 7 years
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment*