NORIA WINES Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast
*Complimentary ground shipping on 3 or more bottles* USE CODE VINO.
Created Especially to Pair with Delicate Cuisine and Japanese cuisine. To pair with fresh ingredients to bring out the lively flavors of the wines. A type of Japanese sake called Junmai is the basis of this Pinot Noir.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Dazzling red berry, supple acidity, finesse and depth
- Sangiacomo Vineyard, 100% Pinot Noir
- Beautiful wine aptly awarded from San Fransisco Chronicle Wine Competition and American Fine Wine Competition
WINEMAKER: Nori Nakamura; Larsen Family, Artesa, Silenus, Jamieson Ranch, Pine Ridge
WHAT WE TASTED:
Dazzling red berry flavor expands on the palate. Supple acidity and refined tannins lift the mid-palate and provide the exquisite mouthfeel with finesse and depth. A nuance of elegant oak notes adds a touch of spiciness and tension to the delightful finish. Sensual and transparent. Very much like a Burgundy. Such an expansion of flavor here!
AVA DESIGNATED: Sonoma Coast
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Goat cheese brie and toasted walnuts
- Seared Ahi Tuna atop wilted greens
- Steak teriyaki with pan-fried shiitake mushrooms
NORIA means water wheel in Spanish, which represents positive elements of life such as water, nature, flow, and energy, even fireworks. Nori and Maria are a darling couple focused 100% on this niche winemaking - fruity, smooth and elegant, like sake. The grapes are brought to Napa and handcrafted in small lots. Nori always chooses single vineyards to bring out pure flavors and sense of place.
- 75% fermented in an open top stainless fermenter with some whole clusters and 25% fermented in new French oak barrels
- Both portions are drained and combined right after fermentation to obtain an ideal tannin structure
- 100% wildcrafted native yeast
- Aged in 100% French oak (50% new) for 14 months
- Three clones (Swan/777/115)
- Unfined, unfiltered
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*