REWA Sauvignon Blanc, Coombsville, Napa Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Top of the line Sauvignon Blanc from Coombsville AVA*
- Inaugural release and a rare white wine from Celia Welch
REWA Vineyards, with soils some 9,000 years old, this estate is perched within a collapsed volcano in Coombsville and has two distinct vineyards - one much cooler than the other and perfect for mountain Cab. The warmer slope is home to a small amount of Sauv Blanc.
WINEMAKER: The legendary Celia Welch
PERSONALITY: Celia Welch awards:
- 2008, Food & Wine’s Winemaker of the Year.
- 2006, Forbes.com “Top Ten Tastemaker”
- Inducted Winemaker’s Hall of Fame
AVA DESIGNATED: Coombsville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: Gorgeous aromas of tropical fruits - grilled pineapple, lychee and guava as well as lemongrass, meyer lemon zest, nutmeg and caramel. At entry, the wine is broad but with refreshing acidity highlighting the bright fruit notes. The mid palate is medium weight where warm caramel and peach crisp flavors linger..
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Lobster tortellini, shimeji mushrooms and spinach
- Oysters, mint-cilantro mignonette
- Mesclun salad with goat cheese, orange and pecans
- Sauvignon Blanc clone 1
- Hand-harvested, fermented, and then aged in neutral oak and stainless barrels.
- Organically farmed vineyard, fish friendly farming certified
- 100 cases
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!