TOQUADE Sauvignon Blanc, Yountville
Complementary shipping on 4 or more bottles. Use Code VINO4.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Single estate, organic, dry-farmed vineyard in Yountville AVA
- Created to enhance and complement good company, good food and good music (yes there is a CD to listen to!)
- Toquade, in French, means "infatuation" and the winemaker is passionate about making Sauvignon Blanc
WINEMAKER: Christine Barbe; Château Carbonnieux, La Louvière, Mondavi, Gallo, Trinchero, Cockerelle
WHAT WE TASTED: Brilliant, light to medium straw color. Aromas and flavors of guava and grapefruit. The palate delivers a crisp mouthfeel at first, but then rounds out to a rich, weighty and flavorful mid palate with a long finish of tropical fruit. Bright, aromatic and well balanced.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Whole Snapper with roasted potatoes and thyme
- Shrimp sandwich with garlic-anchovy aioli, Model Bakery ciabatta
- Asian style chicken salad, sesame-lime dressing
PERSONALITY: Christine's training began in France with a doctoral from Bordeaux Institute of Enology. Making Sauv Blanc in the french style with very little oak comes easily with her experience in growing grapes and tasting for perfect ripeness. Her techniques allows the wine to develop a roundness and texture.