HIBOU Riddle Ranch Pinot Noir, 2018, Russian River Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Pronouned ee-boo, which means owl and represents the wild and natural beauty found in small, pristine vineyards
- Winemaker Jason Driscoll's culinary background is evident in his balanced and refined wines made to be food-friendly
- A reserve level, single vineyard wine from the highly regarded Riddle Ranch - sustainably farmed.
- Wine Enthusiast rating: 93 points
WINEMAKER: Jason Driscoll (Hunnicutt, DeSante Wines, Tilth, Chalk Hill, Elsom Cellars)
WHAT WE TASTED:
On the nose, red cherry - did we say cherry? - and strawberry are nicely integrated with cedar and forest herbs. Soft wisps of cola is balanced with red and blue fruits. Spicy Oak finish and soft tannins. This is a great summer red that doesn't overwhelm with any heaviness.
AVA DESIGNATED: Russian River Valley, Sonoma, CA
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Grilled spatchcock chicken
- Simple roasted chicken with root vegetables
- mixed mushroom melange
- Peking duck or simple roasted duck
- 200 cases produced
- 10 Months in 30% New French Oak
- 30% whole cluster fermentation
- 14.3% Alcohol
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 30 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!