ANTHEM Beckstoffer Las Piedras Cabernet Sauvignon, St. Helena
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 150 year old heritage vineyard at base of Mayacamas. Terroir is considered impeccable!
- 2015 Vintage was exceptionally dense fruit harvest
- Oak is not the first thing on nose but rather gorgeous fruit
- 100% Cabernet, 91 Points Wine Spectator
WINEMAKER: Jeff Ames: TOR, cut his teeth under Thomas Rivers Brown at Schraeder, Maybach, Outpost
WHAT WE TASTED:
Great color and powerful blackberry, raspberry streaming through. Chocolate ganache, boysenberry and sweet tobacco throughout the long finish. Plush and powerful. Full bodied and totally balanced led by great fruit. Intense and seamless.
AVA DESIGNATED: St. Helena, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Tex-Mex Beef brisket
- Chinese Roasted duck with spicy string beans
- Truffled Egg Toast with cheese
Justin and Julie, proprietors, have always focused singularly on sustainable since they bought their Mt Veeder property with a first vintage in 2009. Jeff Ames, rising star winemaker, has been with them since day 1. We love that stick togetherness to build something special. The front of the bottle features a silk-screened topographic map of Mt. Veeder. The back depicts every step and decision made in producing this ultra-premium wine.
- Only 165 cases made
- 100% new French oak, 18 months in barrel, 20 months in bottle
- Alc 15.8%
- Clone 337, Yield 2.9 tons/acre, harvest 9/15/15
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!