ARBUCKLE RIDGE Cabernet Sauvignon
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Whoah! 94 Points Wine Enthusiast, 90 James Suckling, 91 Vinous
- Cabernet with a healthy dose of Temperanillo
- Arbuckle is a kind of big river rock soil - Saunders Vineyards Cab makes it rich
WINEMAKER: Jason Sauders
WHAT WE TASTED:
Unbelievably pretty and rich in the glass and carries all the way through. Super dark cherry married to milk chocolate and espresso nose. Weighty mouthfeel but super fine tannins. More rich dark berry, cocoa and graphite minerality from those rocks! Licorice whispers. Extracted, big flavor balanced with a pretty acidity.
PERSONALITY: Although Jason grew up on his family's vineyard in Paso, he intended to work in environmental science. A great job in Australia ended abruptly when the construction dig unearthed native remains. He got a job working harvest in Adelaide, met his future wife in the cellar and they both got the winemaking "juice." They have 2 kids together and hope they’ll be interested in becoming third generation winemakers.
AVA DESIGNATED: Paso Robles, Central Coast
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Steak poivre
- Cheddar burger with mushrooms and bacon
- Truffled brie cheese
- 76% Cabernet Sauvignon (Saunders Vineyard), 19% Temperanillo (Caelesta Vineyard), 5% Syrah (Saunders Vineyard)
- Alcohol 14.6%
- 100% French Oak, 50% New oak, 50% Neutral oak
- 150 cases made
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!