BALDACCI 'Pops' Sparkling Wine, Carneros Napa Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Brut Rosé style fruity and bone dry with soft, delicate bubbles
- Grapes grown on the estate's coolest climate Carneros vineyard
- Pinkish, festive color - just crisp, fresh, and all together fabulous glass of sparkle
WINEMAKER: Michael Baldacci: Worked the family vineyards from a young age and learned from the ground up with an assist from the preeminent viticulture university - UC Davis. A true 'next generation' winemaker.
WHAT WE TASTED: If there was a flavor called 'French experience' this glass of sparkle brings it with fresh, tiny, elegant bubbles. Bone dry with crisp fruit aromas of strawberries, raspberries, red apple, ripe pear, and Pomelo. On the palate its juicy red cherry, tart plum, baked apple, cassis, blood orange and a whisper of toasted almond. Pop it and have some fun!
AVA DESIGNATED: Carneros, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Potato bar menu of steamy, creamy Yukon gold potatoes, salmon caviar, capers, and créme fraîche
- Halibut with turnip mash and rich, wild mushroom gravy
- Moroccan spiced chicken wraps with pomegranate seeds
PERSONALITY: Beautiful bubbles "wake up" the senses. Non-vintage wines are about expressing a consistency of style and taste. Since California bubbles do NOT come from Champagne, of course the label says Sparkling Wine, although it mirrors the French style, which is known as méthode champenoise. This method requires more patience and it involves a secondary fermentation that occurs within the bottle.
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Harvested August 2019, bottled Sept 15, 2020
- Produced 250 cases
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 30 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!