COPLAN VINEYARDS Owl's Perch Pinot Noir, Petaluma Gap
- SILVER medal winner - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Fruit from the organically farmed Ayala Vineyard from the world famous McEvoy Ranch (wine and olive oil)
- Debut release - Refined and not over extracted
- A heady nose that hits you right away just asking for more
- Cool climate Petaluma Gap brings all that fruit forward
WINEMAKER: Jacqueline Yoakum: Alumni of Littorai Schramsberg, Keller, Stags Leap Wine Cellars. Consulting winemaker Greggarious, Magnus and Italics.
AVA DESIGNATED: Petaluma Gap, Sonoma
WHAT WE TASTED: Gorgeous sweet red cherry, raspberry and organic heirloom currant flavors. Very fruit forward with even more to please with beeswax, resin, orange florals and herbal notes of lavender. This wine has a very broad appeal and easy gliding tannins. It's hedonistic yet polished to please multiple palates.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Roasted Peking duck
- Chicken with chorizo, potatoes, chickpeas & lemons
- Summer Heirloom tomato salad
- Creamy Mushroom soup with drizzled olive oil
PERSONALITY: The Coplan family are all about sustainability and preserving the Sonoma wine country way of life. The property and vineyard is called Coplandia, which captures the family surname and a playful sense of purist farming practices and modern farmhouse architectural aesthetic. Winemaking duties have recently been taken over by Jacqueline Yoakum, who is known for wildcrafting wines as natural as can be.
- Native fermentation - another wildcrafted beauty
- Only 100 cases made
- 30% New Oak
- heirloom Wadenswil clone
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!