LOOMIS AIR Rosé Rhone Blend, Napa Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 100% Napa Valley fruit from 2000 foot elevation, sustainably farmed
- Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Counoise varietals
- Always a Top 20 favorite at San Francisco Chronicle Rose contest
- Lovely new branded label for 2020
WINEMAKER: Michael Andrews (Shadybrook Estate, Goosecross, White Cottage Ranch)
WHAT WE TASTED: Rosé made from exclusively Rhone varietals, juicy aromas of fresh bing cherry and roses light up this garnet hued sophisticated yet fun wine. Racy acidity drives floral and citrus flavors that combine for a clean crisp finish with an ever so slight hint of lavender. Lower alcohol but full flavored and delightful. Dry, vibrant and fruity - a year round food pairing choice.
AVA DESIGNATED: Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Rosemary beets with lightly toasted and shattered pistachios
- Crunchy bacon atop twice roasted heirloom potatoes
- Mediterranean chicken with seasoned carrot and snap peas
PERSONALITY: When you reach the sky, turn left. A rare, Rhône varietal blend from a heady elevation. On a single mountain estate, Jeff Loomis set out to succeed where few have dared to dream. Everyone told him Rhone varietals would not succeed in Napa and he's proven naysayers wrong. This wine is a consistent winner and favorite in San Francisco Bay Area. We drink it year round and the bottle is beautiful.
43% Grenache 34% Mourvedre 15% Counoise 8% Syrah
- Aged in neutral French oak
- Alcohol 13.5%
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!