HARVEST MOON Sparkling Dry Gewurtztraminer, Russian River, Sonoma
Complementary ground shipping on 4 or more bottles * USE CODE VINO4.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Crisp, dry and delicious like Champagne
- Estate grown grapes crafted from 4 tiny acres
- Small, artisan producer committed to sustainability on the family farm
WINEMAKER: Randy Pitts, a grapegrower and winemaker on the family vineyard for decades. He calls himself a 'wine shepherd." We call him just plain awesome.
WHAT WE TASTED: Sweet florals, white rose petal aroma on the nose followed by fresh cut, crisp green and spicy red apple, along with white rose, honeysuckle, summer peach. And a fine creamy mousse finish. Gewürztraminer generally benefits from dishes with more than a touch of sweetness and heat.
AVA DESIGNATED: Russian River AVA, Sonoma
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Thai red duck curry
- Stinky cheese such as Muenster
- Foie gras or rich duck liver pâté with brioche toast
- Apple-based desserts such as crumble or streusel cakes with cinnamon
PERSONALITY: Randy practices on-time harvesting--a once common winegrowing approach that picks the grapes earlier rather than later keeping berry structure intact. Future wine tastes juicy with lower sugar!
- Tiny 4 acres of vines
- Low 12.5% alcohol for juicy, not hot, enjoyment
- Stainless fermentation, only 175 cases made
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!