DAYNA ESTATES Cabernet Sauvignon, Coombsville, Napa Valley
Complementary Ground Shipping on purchases of 4 or more bottles* USE CODE VINO4
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Small lot winemaking from Napa’s newest wine label
- Organically farmed vineyard as the homage to bees on the label attests
- 92% Cabernet, 8% Merlot
WINEMAKER: Bradley Smith: Silenus, Highlands Wines
WHAT WE TASTED:
Great color and powerful nose - fruity, woodsy and vanilla. Wow! Juicy blackberries and chocolates flavors. Medium bodied, balanced alcohol and acidity. Lovely vanilla and pepper finish. 2017 so young - best to let rest for a minute in the glass.
AVA DESIGNATED: Coombsville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Braised short ribs, smoked fingerling potato hash
- Roasted lamb lollipops with roasted vegetables
- Endive boats of mushrooms and blue cheeses
- Bolognese sauce over fresh made pasta
Dayna Estates crafts small lot wines from Coombsville, Napa’s newest and exciting AVA. The vineyard is organically farmed and dedication to sustainability is reflected in the varied plants and animals that teem between vine and woodland. That natural gift graces the label through the bee that nurtures, and is in turn, nurtured through this symbiotic agriculture. Discover artisan winemaking as nature intends.
- 200 cases
- 22 Months in 33% New French Oak
- Half ton macro bin fermentation
- Cellar up to 7 years
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 30 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!