EYERIS Cabernet Sauvignon - Perennial Vineyard, Rutherford, Napa Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Open and experience joy with that first sip! Deep color, nice legs.
- Grapes grown in Rutherford are considered top quality for Napa Cab
- Ready to open now but can age for up to 20 years, though we like 10 years as the sweet spot.
- Gold Medal LA Invitational Wine Competition
WINEMAKER: Angelo Pera, Phillip Zorn (Mountain View, Sapphire, Mandolin, Sunny St. Helena, Gauer Estate, Paraiso Springs, Tria)
WHAT WE TASTED: Dark berry, vanilla and mocha jump out of the glass in both aroma and flavors on the palate. Definite signature of French oak abound with it's lengthy aging. This red beauty is smooth, elegant, dense and chewy with fine grain tannins. Slightly lower acidity so very smooth. Uncork then wait a day with this big boy.
AVA DESIGNATED: Rutherford, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Grass fed lamb Sloppy joes, served on seared potato bun
- Blue cheeses, aged sausage slices, and apples.
- NY strip with cauliflower mash
- Shards and chips of chocolate and coconut cream to dip
PERSONALITY: Eyeris Winery was founded in 2010 to specialize in single-vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon. There is minimal use of non-organic fertilizer, and avoidance of pesticides and herbicides. Sulfites are also kept to a minimum. Angelo and his daughter Olivia, run this wildcrafted, super small production wine operation.
- Grown on sandy loam soil
- 14.2% Alcohol, Medium body
- 24 months in French oak barrels
- Age for up to 20 years but we think 10 is the sweet spot
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 30 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!