EYERIS Cabernet Sauvignon - Oculus Vineyard, Oakville, Napa Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Rich, bold, and aromatic. You know this one is going to be good as you pour it.
- Extremely well balanced and beautifully crafted for long-term aging - 10-20 years.
- Medium-full bodied, top quality from a small Napa producer specializing in single vineyard Cabs. Oakville is top quality AVA!
WINEMAKER: Angelo Pera, Phillip Zorn (Mountain View, Sapphire, Mandolin, Sunny St. Helena, Gauer Estate, Paraiso Springs, Tria)
WHAT WE TASTED: Deep, vibrant garnet color throughout. Layers of smoky cassis, tobacco, pepper and vanilla cedar are highlighted even more dark fruit and chocolate/cocoa. by a chorus of stewed black fruit and cocoa. Earthy, dense, spicy with a long finish and full body. Super fine grained tannins.
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Prime rib with mixed mushroom risotto
- Roast duck tacos (kkep the fat on)
- Root veggies, beef jerky, hard cheese and charcuterie
- Arugula, shaves of sheep pecorino, spicy radicchio, and market grapes
PERSONALITY: Eyeris Winery was founded in 2010 to specialize in single-vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon. There is minimal use of non-organic fertilizer, and avoidance of pesticides and herbicides. Sulfites are also kept to a minimum. Angelo and his daughter Olivia, run this wildcrafted, super small production wine operation.
- Gown in sandy loam soil, harvested October 14, 2018
- Aged in French Oak for 24 months
- Medium body, 14.2% alcohol
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 30 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!
- Grown on sandy loam soil
- 14.2% Alcohol, Medium body
- 24 months in French oak barrels
- Age for up to 20 years but we think 10 is the sweet spot