GODSPEED Malbec, Mt Veeder, Napa Valley
*Shipping included on 4 or more bottles Use code VINO4*
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Rare, mountain fruit - 1500 foot elevation - big Mt Veeder nose
- Gold Medal Orange County Fair Wine Competition 2018
- Ed Sbragia, Bremer buy Godspeed highly prized grapes for vineyard designated wines
- Low alcohol 12.6% red wine
WINEMAKER: Proprietor Larry Stricker and Chris Corley: Monticello Vineyards
WHAT WE TASTED: Deep purple color invites you into a wonderful nose of truffle, vanilla, black cherry and woodsy pepper. Voluptuous and profuse mouth filling black cherry, coffee and cocoa. Did we mention black cherry? Well structured tannins and silky smooth finish from extended barrel aging this baby has hit its sweet spot now though will age through 2023.
AVA DESIGNATED: Mt Veeder AVA, Napa
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Lechon asado - roast pork Cuban style
- Prime rib with Cajun spice and brown sugar
- Labor day bbq - chicken wings, burgers, ribs and veggies
- Pair with blue cheese
PERSONALITY: Larry Stricker is the acclaimed architect of Scottsdale's The Phoenician as well as other world famous Hawaiian resorts. Half of his sought after fruit is used by Sbragia, Newton, Mayacamas, Robert Craig and others. The vines are "above the weather" and consistent award winners.
- Malbec Clone 595 grafted in 2001
- Alc 12.6%, bottled 9/2016
- 49 months in Oak - 67% Vosges French, 33% Missouri/Blue Grass
- Only 80 cases made
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect April 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!