GODSPEED VINEYARDS Chardonnay, Mt Veeder, Napa
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Rare, mountain fruit - 1500 foot elevation
- Brisk but rich tropical fruit that ages like a Burgundy - many compare to Puligny Montrachet
- Ed Sbraggia, Bremer buy Godspeed highly prized grapes for vineyard designate wines
- Double Gold winner, American Fine Wine Competition
WINEMAKER: Proprietor Larry Stricker and Chris Corley: Monticello Vineyards
WHAT WE TASTED: Classic aromas of grilled pineapple, asian pear, walnuts, apple and spice, while the flavors of creme brulee, guava, toasted almond and warm bread come through on an elegant and long citrusy lime finish. We should say by the time it was done unfolding in the glass! This 2014 vintage wine is awesome.
AVA DESIGNATED: Mt Veeder AVA, Napa
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Fresh Oysters were a perfect match
- Herb roasted chicken with green salad and herbs
- Mushroom risotto with steamed broccoli
- Porcini and Parm frittata with white truffle oil
PERSONALITY: Larry Stricker is the acclaimed architect of Scottsdale's The Phoenician as well as other world famous resorts. Half of his sought after fruit is used by Sbraggia, Newton, Mayacamas, Robert Craig and others. The vines are "above the weather" and consistent award winners.
- Small lots, only 20% new French oak
- Spring Mountain clone, whole cluster pressed
- Barrel fermented, no malolactic
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!