GREGGARIOUS 2018 Pinot Gris, Carneros, Sonoma
- Silver Medal - American Fine Wine Rose Competition
- Certified Sustainably and ecocentric farmed ranch
- Dry Pinot gris with the aromas of citrus flowers and flavors of ruby red grapefruit
- A versatile wine with excellent minerality, pairs well with food, and is great on its own
WINEMAKER: Jacqueline Yoakum Consulting Winemaker - Magnus, Astorie, Coplan. Alumni of Schramsberg, Italics, Keller, Stags Leap Wine Cellars, Littorai.
WHAT WE TASTED:
Aromas of heirloom citrus – ruby red grapefruit, orange, lime and Meyer’s lemon – along with floral, while minerality keeps it brisk. A little mint there too. So great with food. With cave fermentation, the acidity for this vintage is a bit lower than usual for a real nice, lighter touch and lower alcohol for full enjoyment
AVA DESIGNATED: Carneros, Sonoma County
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Tilapia Piccatta with capellini I
- Asparagus Risotto
- Roasted chicken breast with preserved lemon and French thyme
- Sushi, just about any
- Louie Salad with Dungeness crab, vegetables and homemade dressing
PERSONALITY: Look a little closer on the label. The pooch drawing is made up of wine terms. Very clever those Gregg's - Kristina and Steve. And Guinness and Chase, who grace the labels.
- fermented in a chilled tank in the Italics Winery cave
- 12.5% abv
- low 3% Ph, like Champagne
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!