HIGHLANDS Cabernet Sauvignon, Howell Mountain, Napa Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Gold Medal - American Fine Wine Competition
- Amazingly affordable Howell Mountain Cabernet
- 2017 vintage harvested before the fires
- Known for small batch winemaking techniques
WINEMAKER: Bradley Smith: Silenus.
WHAT WE TASTED:
Full and powerful nose and deep ruby/garnet color in this 100% Cabernet Sauvignon delighted us. Vibrant aromas of cherry, red berries, vanilla, and gentle oak on the nose and a chocolate, cream-like finish on the palate. With a full and lush sense of sweetness on each sip there is an earthy, smoky black berry and even more cocoa cream finish. Sophisticated but very friendly.
AVA DESIGNATED: Howell Mountain, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Tofu Tikka Masala
- Roasted Endive topped with Gorgonzola
- Short Ribs with Mushroom, Shallot Compote
PERSONALITY: From a Silver Oak alumni partnering with a long time high-end grape grower for Caymus and Chateau Montelena. These gents know where the good grapes are. Highlands Wines started on Howell Mountain and expanded to the Oak Knoll district as well as Rutherford in the heart of Napa Valley.
- 14.8% alcohol
- 18 Months in 33% New French Oak
- Half ton macro bin fermentation
- Cellar up to 7 years
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!