HIGHLANDS PLATEAU Red Blend, North Coast
- Non Vintage cuvee right up there with Apothic
- A daily drinker at an amazing price!
- Made by same winemaker as Highlands Wines
WINEMAKER: Bradley Smith; Silenus
WHAT WE TASTED: Bold, dry and lots of red fruit. We like the abundance of cherry in the profile. Good strong finish, but lighter tannins.
AVA DESIGNATED: North Coast
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Vegetarian Moussaka; anything with tomatoes and cheese
- Herb-crusted rack of lamb, gruyere mac and cheese
- Seared New York steak, classic baked potato
PERSONALITY: From a Silver Oak alumni partnering with a long time Chateau Montelena grape grower. Paul and Dan clearly know where the best grapes are!.
- North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon with Merlot