METZKER Family Estates Rosé, Sonoma Coast
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Rosé of Syrah from Sonoma Coast
- The winemaker's pedigree - see below
- Morningstar vineyard is a prized estate in the heart of Dry Creek with less than 10 acres devoted to Syrah
- Low alcohol
WINEMAKER: John Martin: Paul Hobbs Winery, Dry Creek Vineyards, Gloria Ferrer
WHAT WE TASTED: A delicate pink rose with playful aromatics and bright notes of ruby red grapefruit, lemon peel and a touch of minerality. Its' light pink hue is a result of only two hours of skin contact before being pressed off. This wine is packed with complexity while remaining delicate and refined. Dry and medium bodied, the finish is elegant and should definitely be shared.
AVA DESIGNATED: Sonoma Coast
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Salade Niçoise, herb slab fresh bread
- Pan fried feta drizzled with honey thyme infusion
- Traditional Spanish Paella
- Fatted Calf Porchetta with fig chutney
- Grilled peaches with whipped goats cheese, basil & almonds
PERSONALITY: Metzker has taken Napa and Sonoma by storm with inaugural releases by Melissa Castro - named one to watch in 2016. John has taken the reins in 2021 with top tier vineyards as the basis for his magnificent wines. Check out the inaugural release of Metzker Family Estate Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon while we still have some!
- 100% Stainless aging, whole cluster pressed, stainless steel fermentation
- Only 200 cases made
- 12.5% Alcohol
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!