LOOMIS ALIMONY Red Rhone Blend, Napa Valley
SOLD OUT. May we suggest Loomis Ember Red Blend? It's the bomb!
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 100% Napa Valley fruit, classic Rhone blend
- Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Counoise
- Multi vintage blend, like a grand cuvee
- Divorce takes time. Breathe. Sip this big boy slowly.
WINEMAKER: Rudy Zuidema (Robert Craig, Ehlers, Shadybrook, Encanto, Allyris)
WHAT WE TASTED: Aromas and flavors of ripe fruits - very red cherry, blackberry, cassis and mocha blend perfectly with spicy pepper and cinnamon and a supple mouth feel. A careful balance of tannin and acidity allow the flavors of tart cherry, and pomegranate to meld together, culminating in a long, warm finish.
AVA DESIGNATED: Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Pasta Puttanesca : black olives, anchovy, onion, tomato, parsley
- Grilled Italian sausage, onions, and peppers with mascarpone polenta
- Julia Childs’ Coq au vin
PERSONALITY: Jeff Loomis wanted to call these wines "Alimony", but his son Max convinced him, that while damn funny, "Resolution" was far more positive. He said it sounded bitter. As usual, he was right. So borne from the ashes of mass destruction - oh wait - more positive... inspired by the more amazing and positive things in life, these wines showcase Jeff's passion and love of Rhone varietals.
- Highest elevation vineyard near Lake Berryessa
- Aged a long time in French oak
- Alcohol 15.6%, 150 cases
- Don't overthink it, just drink it
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*