LOOMIS ALIMONY Rosé Rhone Blend, Napa Valley
SOLD OUT. May we suggest it’s sister wine, the Loomis Family Estate Air Rose?
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 100% Napa Valley fruit from 1500 foot elevation
- Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Counoise varietals
- Multi vintage blend, like a grand cuvee
- Only 50 cases produced, low alcohol
WINEMAKER: Rudy Zuidema: Robert Craig, Ehlers, Shadybrook, Encanto, Allyris
WHAT WE TASTED: Typical of a Rosé made from exclusively Rhone varietals, juicy aromas of fresh bing cherry and roses light up this garnet hued sophisticated yet fun wine. Racy acidity drives floral and citrus flavors that combine for a clean crisp finish with an ever so slight hint of lavender. Low alcohol but full flavored and delightful. Dry, vibrant and fruity - a year round food pairing choice.
AVA DESIGNATED: Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Rosemary beets with lightly toasted and shattered pistachios
- Crunchy bacon atop twice roasted heirloom potatoes
- Mediterranean chicken with seasoned carrot and snap peas
PERSONALITY: Jeff Loomis wanted to call these wines "Alimony", but his son Max convinced him, that while damn funny, "Resolution" was far more positive. He said it sounded bitter. As usual, he was right. So ... inspired by the more amazing and positive things in life, these wines showcase Jeff's passion and love of Rhone varietals.
- Highest elevation vineyard near Lake Berryessa
- Aged a long time in French oak
- Alcohol 12.5%
- Don't overthink it, just drink it
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*