LOOMIS EMBER Rhone Blend, Napa Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 100% Napa Valley fruit, classic Rhone blend
- 30% Syrah, 27% Mouvedre, 43% Grenache Noir
- 2000 foot hillside vineyard, single estate
WINEMAKER: Michael Andrews (Shadybrook Estate, Goosecross, White Cottage Ranch)
WHAT WE TASTED: Aromas and flavors of ripe fruits - red cherry, plum and blackberry blend perfectly with spice and creamy cola. Slight savory notes, nuances of smoked spice and the idea of wild flowers will keep you coming back sip after sip. Expect great acidity, a supple mouthfeel and a long finish from this sagacious wine.
AVA DESIGNATED: Napa Valley
PERSONALITY: When you reach the sky, turn left. A rare, Rhône varietal blend from a heady elevation. On a single mountain estate, Jeff Loomis set out to succeed where few have dared to dream. Everyone told him Rhone varietals would not succeed in Napa. First harvest was 2007 and he's proven naysayers wrong. This wine is a consistent winner and favorite in San Francisco Bay Area. Varietals: Syrah (6 clones), Grenache Noir (3 clones), Mourvedre, Counoise, Grenache Blanc, Viognier.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Pasta Puttanesca : black olives, anchovy, onion, tomato, parsley
- Grilled Italian sausage, onions, and peppers with mascarpone polenta
- Julia Childs’ Coq au vin
Moroccan curry with Greek yogurt
- 5 day cold soak, 9 day primary fermentation
- 170 cases produced
- Aged 19 months in 100% French oak
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!