LOOMIS SNOW - Grenache Blanc, Napa
Complimentary shipping on 3 or more bottles: Use Code VINO
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 100% Napa Valley fruit, 2000 foot elevation
- Grenache Blanc and Viognier
- A single mountain estate vineyard
WINEMAKER: Michael Andrews (Shadybrook Estate, Goosecross, White Cottage Ranch)
WHAT WE TASTED: Snow is delicately balanced, offering fragrances of white nectarine, Asian pear, lemon zest, brioche toast, jasmine, narcissus and white tea, followed by sandalwood and toasted macadamia nut, all carried on a wet stone backbone. The palate is velvety, verging on creamy, but balanced by crisp citrus acidity.
AVA DESIGNATED: Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Bouillabisse with crusty bread
- Spring Pea Salad with Burrata and Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette
- Shrimp and grits/spicy polenta
- Chicken apple sausage and sauerkraut
PERSONALITY: When you reach the sky, turn left. A rare, Napa Grenache blanc from a heady elevation. On a single mountain estate, Jeff Loomis set out to succeed where few have dared to dream. Everyone told him Rhone varietals would not succeed in Napa and he's proven naysayers wrong. Growing a few rows of Grenache Blanc in California is rare enough. Transforming this grape’s honeyed taste into wine with clarity and minerality is rarer still.
- Highest elevation vineyard near Lake Berryessa
- 98% Grenache Blanc, 2% Viognier
- 100 cases produced
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!