LUNA Lunatic Red Blend, California
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- The blend changes each year to keep it fun
- One of our "value" selections from an awesome under the radar winemaker
- Alicante Bouschet imparts dense black fruits and baking spices.
WINEMAKER: Shawna Miller (Luna, Moone Tsai with Philippe Melka)
WHAT WE TASTED: Dark, concentrated depth, flowing with notes of blueberry and blackberry with spicy vanilla and nutmeg. Flavors of boysenberry compote greet the palate with underlying swirls of savory bacon and hints of violet. Lush, velvety tannins round out a long finish.
AVA DESIGNATED: California
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Barbequed pork loin
- Cap steaks with roasted red potatoes
- Chicago deep dish pepperoni pizza. Extra cheese!
- Each varietal is treated individually, fermented, and barrel aged for 18 months.
- Sangiovese 35% Malbec 15% Alicante Bouschet 20% Petite Sirah 30%
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!