L U N A Merlot, Napa
SOLD OUT. MAY WE SUGGEST MAGNUS THE BRAVADO MERLOT
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Found a Merlot that is classic and not a jam bomb
- This is amazing wine at a very fair price!
- Merlot 90%, Petite Sirah 5%, Malbec 5%
WINEMAKER: Shawna Miller, Alumni of Beaulieu and Rombauer, Philippe Melka and Moone-Tsai..
AVA DESIGNATED: Rutherford and Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: The raspberry flavor on the nose continues through the palate along with notes of light chocolate and black tea. The bright acidity of pomegranate combined with a hint of dark cocoa are balanced with the fine-grained tannins and Madagascar vanilla.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- BBQ pork ribs, summer corn, salad
- Grilled salmon filet, sauce provincial, lemon rice
- Baked chicken breast with assorted mushrooms
- Aged 15 months, French oak
- Unfined and unfiltered