LUSCHER BALLARD Cabernet Sauvignon, Spring Mountain
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Dense, jammy, gorgeous and lush from the great 2014 vintage
- Highly allocated, amazing price!
- Fullest expression of a mountain vineyard at 2200 feet
WINEMAKER: The Legendary Kongsgaards; Aaron Pott, Jean Hoefliger; Greg La Folette
WHAT WE TASTED: Dense purple color, dark currants and cassis, with blackberry and blueberry and spice. A firm acidity and long finish of sweet tannins, chocolate and dark fruit.
AVA DESIGNATED: Spring Mountain, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Beef short rib with potato croquet, mirepoix and mushrooms and demi-glace
- Slow cooked lamb shank over pappardelle
- Roast Duck with Spicy green beans
- Spicy pancetta and creamy mushroom pasta
PERSONALITY: Proprietors Christina and Carrol Ballard have made world famous films during their career in Hollywood. The Black Stallion and Never Cry Wolf are just two of their beautiful and renown movies. Today, they’ve turn their creativity to wine with the help of legendary John Kongsgaard and his son Alex.
Spring Mountain wines are highly sought out. And expensive—a neighboring estate’s Cabernets are priced at $350. Luscher Ballard's wines are young and complex and represent an opportunity to purchase at an entry price. Highly allocated. Buy one to drink and one to lay down in the cellar. You will be rewarded.
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon prized Spring Mountain fruit.
- Clone 337
- Fermented on native yeast - wildcrafted - and unfiltered
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!