MAGNUS THE BRAVADO Merlot, Napa Valley
Complementary ground shipping on 3 or more bottles*
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Inaugural Release, vineyard designated wine—Exclusive to Travelfood
- Broken Rock Vineyard on Soda Canyon Road at the base of Atlas Peak, is highly sought out for its “Cab like” quality
- This is Merlot cross dressing across the pond from France. Incredible.
- Gold Medal American Fine Wine Competition
WINEMAKER: Jacqueline Yoakum. Consulting winemaker Italics, Buhman, Greggarious. Alumni of Littorai, Schramsberg, Keller, Stags Leap Wine Cellars.
WHAT WE TASTED: Blown away by candied violets, strawberry and cranberry all over in this lively, vibrant wine. Seamless oak. Rich and full, have your stuffing with meat! You might think it’s a Cab if we didn’t tell you. William Hill' property rocks it.
AVA DESIGNATED: Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Chef Doug's Chocolate Lava Cake with Chocolate Truffle
- Pappardelle with Rabbit Ragu sauce
- Roast Lamb Shanks with sautéed mixed greens
PERSONALITY: Magnus is a new brand that is the embodiment of an “alter ego.” Where we see dragons, the little girl inside with a cape and mask is making it all happen. Try it. You’ll discover powerful dragons. And the pleasures of a vineyard's complexity revealing the magic of wildcrafted wines.
- Only 200 cases made
- 15.1% Alcohol
- 2 years, 75% New French Oak (St. Martin)
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*