METZKER FAMILY ESTATES Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Cool climate Landmark and Terra de Promissio vineyards
- The winemaker's pedigree - Antinori alumni both the Italian estate and Antica Napa Valley
- 94 Points—Prince of Pinot; 92 Wine Spectator
WINEMAKER: Melissa Apter Castro: Antinori (Chianti) and Antica Antintori (Napa Estate)
WHAT WE TASTED: Intense and concentrated fruit marked this vintage with its lower yield. A lively Pinot with dried rose petals, violets and wild berries aromas. Loaded with layers of fruit and baking spice on the palate with mellow and smooth tannins. Bright clean, long lasting finish.
AVA DESIGNATED: Sonoma Coast
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Veal stew with roasted potatoes
- Simple roasted chicken
- Herb and garlic mushroom pasta
PERSONALITY: Napavalley.com named Melissa one of “Napa’s 7 Most Exciting Winemakers” in 2016. Metzker Family Estates is an exciting newcomer to single vineyard estate wines and Melissa is leading the way having jumped ship from an international brand to a tiny one.
- 75% clone 2A; 25% clone 828
- 30% New French oak for 14 months
- 150 cases made
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!