METZKER Family Estates Pinot Noir, Terra de Promissio, Sonoma Coast
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Petaluma Gap wind and fog provides slow maturation and intensely flavored grapes from this famed vineyard that Kosta-Browne, Gary Farrell and others pull grapes from. It's the most awarded vineyard in Sonoma.
- The winemaker's pedigree - Antinori alumni both the Italian estate and Antica Napa Valley
- 94 Points—Prince of Pinot, 93 points James Suckling, 93 points Wine Enthusiast
WINEMAKER: Melissa Apter Castro: Antinori (Chianti) and Antica Antintori (Napa Estate)
WHAT WE TASTED: Wild blue berry and blackberry nose with spice and oak adding to the complexity. More lush black cherry, cola fruit and spice on the first sip building and layering with acidity, oak, depth, structure, to a long and seductive cherry pie finish.
AVA DESIGNATED: Sonoma Coast
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Grilled yellowfin tuna with olive tapenade
- Tandoori chicken
- Spaghetti ala Carbonara
PERSONALITY: Napavalley.com named Melissa one of “Napa’s 7 Most Exciting Winemakers” in 2016. Metzker Family Estates released their inaugural wines in Spring of 2017.
- 50% Clone 777, 50% Clone 115
- 70% New French oak for 14 months
- 140 cases made, first reserve wine
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*