NORIA Sauvignon Blanc, Russian River Valley
Created Especially to Pair with Delicate Cuisine and Japanese cuisine. To pair with fresh ingredients to bring out the lively flavors of the wines. . Clean, softer, vibrant, fruity and smooth, like Ginjo style of sake - very polished rice, a bit more modern than classic Junmai style sake.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Bevill Vineyard is the coolest part of the Russian River AVA
- Grapes mature slowly for supple mouth feel but great acidity
- Nori only chooses sustainably farmed vineyards
- Very limited production in America
WINEMAKER: Nori Nakamura: Larsen Family, Artesa, Silenus, Jamieson Ranch, Pine Ridge
WHAT WE TASTED: Brilliant, light to medium straw color. With 3% gewurtzraminer, a lovely blossom of delicate fruit hits the nose with bright aromas of grapefruit, lime, pear, a hint of lychee, orange zest, bay leaf, flint stone, lemon grass, and pistachio. Yes, all that! Light kiss of neutral oak adds a supple mouth feel. Very long finish with juicy citrus. This is not grassy Sauv Blanc.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Honey cured hamachi with picked cucumbers, avocado and ginger vinaigrette
- Japanese tempura
- Yellowtail and white fish sushi
- Poached chicken breasts with mixed greens and creamy herb dressing
- Lobster and caviar dumplings, lobster consomme
PERSONALITY: NORIA means water wheel in Spanish, which represents positive elements of life such as water, nature, flow, and energy. Nori and Maria are a darling couple focused 100% on this niche winemaking - fruity, smooth and elegant, like sake. The grapes are brought to Napa and handcrafted in small lots. Nori always chooses single vineyards to bring out pure flavors and sense of place.
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*