ORENTANO Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Gold Medal, LA Wine Competition.
- Sonoma, Russian River grapes form the R. Buoncristiani vineyard
- Lighter bodied Pinot Noir - very food friendly
WINEMAKER: Ron Buoncristiani and Chris Demetre
WHAT WE TASTED: More New World than Burgundian, flavors of blueberries and ripe purple fruit with a delightful bit of cocoa and vanilla on a complex long finish.
AVA DESIGNATED: Russian River, Sonoma
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Grilled salmon teriyaki, Japanese rice, miso broccoli
- Roasted 5-spice pork belly bao, pickled cucumber, cilantro
- Seared Chicken breast, lemon-caper butter sauce
PERSONALITY: Ron's grandfather made wine in Italy and taught him as they spent weekends leaving their home in San Francisco to create the R. Buoncristiani vineyard in the Russian River. Several wineries purchase the highly prized grapes of this vineyard. Ron and Melanie, long time Marin folks, are cousins with the Buoncristiani’s of Napa Valley.
- Clones are blends of 115 and 777
- Aged in 30% New French Oak