TOPEL WINES Chardonnay, Sonoma County
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- The winemaker's pedigree for one, having worked under Paul Hobbs and Chapoutier of the Rhone and Vinos Cobos of Mendoza
- Mountain grown, sustainably farmed, family owed, hand-crafted wines from a tiny 15 acres.
- Limited quantities produced to focus on quality from vine to bottle
WINEMAKER: Martin Bernal-Hafner: Chapoutier, Vinos Cobos, Paul Hobbs
WHAT WE TASTED: The signature expressions of this wine are bright and juicy - with aromas of fresh cut pear, white flowers, as well as lemon zest on the palate. Light citrus notes and crisp minerality creates that brightness. A cool climate wine of energy, richness, and fruit forward balance.
AVA DESIGNATED: Sonoma County
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Lobster rolls with homemade chips
- Spiced Toffee Nut Cake with sprinkled ginger on top
- Citrus spiced fried Chicken Wings
- Dungeness Crab boil with Chardonnay drawn butter
PERSONALITY: While the pristine,160-acre heritage vineyard dates back to late 1800s only 15 acres are planted to grapevine while nature takes up the rest. History, tradition and a minimalist approach are Martin's mantra with a hillside so steep it reminds us of when horses are used to help plow. Martin embodies the passion and spirit of wildcrafting wines using organic farming methods and letting nature always take its course. The frog on the label stands sentry over one of the property’s natural springs and reminds us of nature’s inspiration to work the land.
- Only 49 cases made
- 13.8% Alcohol
- Stainless & barrel fermented for exceptional balance
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!