WANDERING STAR Cabernet Franc, Yountville, Napa Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Winemaker Cameron Woodbridge has amazing wine sense like his brother Jayson of Hundred Acre cult wines
- A big, smooth red wine from Yountville's famed Mill Race Vineyard - our favorite AVA - organically farmed!
- Did we mention 95 points from Lisa Perotti-Brown, MW?
WINEMAKER: Cameron Woodbridge: Hundred Acre, Stormy Weather, Haymaker, Wolf's Head.
WHAT WE TASTED: This is a big red starting with a deep ruby color. Nose is full of cherries, chocolate, dusty leather and exotic spice. Opening ripe red and blackberry notes on the palate develop into a lengthy, ripe and full bodied finish with velvety tannins. Hints of herbs too.
AVA DESIGNATED: Yountville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Roast lamb, braised short ribs
- Beef brisket
- Hard cheese platter, grilled veggies
Cameron grew up in Canada but fell in love with California following his world famous brother by working a harvest at Hundred Acre. After that one harvest, he was hooked on Napa Valley and move his family there. He learned the craft working in Australia and Argentina as well as continuing at Hundred Acres. In 2006 he started his own wine company becoming renown for the Stormy Weather Cab. We are so pleased to grab a quantity!
- 100% Cab Franc
- Only 95 Cases produced
- Aged 29 months, 80% new French Oak, 20% neutral French oak
- 15.1% alcohol