YOUNT RIDGE CELLARS 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon, Oakville
SOLD OUT. May we suggest Celia's newest exquisite Cabernet? REWA Vineyards.
Complementary ground shipping on 3 or more bottles. Use Code VINO*
WHY WE LOVE IT:
An extraordinary follow up to the 2014 inaugural release from Oakville's Yount Ridge Cellars - by legendary winemaker Celia Welch ( Keever, Lindstrom, Nicali)
PERSONALITY: Celia Welch awards:
- 2008, Food & Wine’s Winemaker of the Year. In
- 2006, Forbes.com “Top Ten Tastemaker.”
- Inducted Winemaker’s Hall of Fame
- Miss Welch is a 100 point winemaker
WHAT WE TASTED:
Complex aromas offer notes of clove, rhubarb, black cherry compote and earthy new leather. Flavors of bright and fresh pomegranate, mint, juicy black cherry lingering on the mid-palate, with a velvety but firm fine grain tannin finish. The scarcity of 2015 fruit after 3 bumper crop years of drought brings out so much intensity and structure in this wine!
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Rack of Lamb red wine reduction
- Veal Chop, Jus, Smoked Trumpet Mushrooms (dining at La Toque Napa)
- New York Steak, potatoes Anna, creamed spinach
- Aged 20 months in 70% new French Oak
- Organically farmed vineyard
- 125 cases
Collector's Wine, Complimentary Shipping.
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*