YOUNT RIDGE CELLARS 2006 Proprietary Red Blend, Oakville
Complementary ground shipping on 3 or more bottles. Use code VINO*
2006 Proprietary Red Blend, winemaker Celia Welch
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot, 1% Malbec
- Estate, single vineyard organically farmed
- A testament to age worthiness and extraordinary vineyard
Heritage Library release Proprietary Red Blend from acclaimed winemaker Celia Welch. An intense reflection of Oakville terroir, single vineyard estate wines.
WINEMAKER: The legendary Celia Welch
WHAT WE TASTED: Lovely bright cherry, leathery, tea leaf, floral and dusty briary notes. Soft and supple. With more then 10 years of age, this one is like a elegant river of silky soft cherry, with not much need for decanting to open up. Its already there. Cellared perfectly and tasting gorgeous right now. From a very private vineyard that only Philippe Melka knew about and pulled grapes for one of his brands.
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Herb-crusted rack of lamb, homemade rice pilaf
- Grilled Ribeye, garlic-buttermilk mashed potatoes
- Chateaubriand, sauce bearnaise, potatoes Anna
PERSONALITY: The complexity of the vineyard shines through a progression of dark fruit, cherry, dusty cocoa, cool mint and more. Celia's extraordinary winemaking skills are on display. This vineyard is worthy of her talents.
- Aged 20 months in 70% new French Oak
- Each year will have a distinct varietal percentage
- Temperature controlled since birth!
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*