YOUNT RIDGE CELLARS 2006 Proprietary Red Blend, Oakville
SOLD OUT! May we suggest Celia’s newest wine Lindstrom Pinot Noir, Russian River
2006 Proprietary Red Blend, winemaker Celia Welch
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot, 1% Malbec
- Estate, single vineyard organically farmed
- A testament to age worthiness and extraordinary vineyard
Heritage Library release Proprietary Red Blend from acclaimed winemaker Celia Welch. An intense reflection of Oakville terroir, single vineyard estate wines.
WINEMAKER: The legendary Celia Welch
WHAT WE TASTED: Lovely bright cherry, leathery, tea leaf, floral and dusty briary notes. Soft and supple. With more then 10 years of age, this one is like a elegant river of silky soft cherry, with not much need for decanting to open up. Its already there. Cellared perfectly and tasting gorgeous right now. From a very private vineyard that only Philippe Melka knew about and pulled grapes for one of his brands.
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Herb-crusted rack of lamb, homemade rice pilaf
- Grilled Ribeye, garlic-buttermilk mashed potatoes
- Chateaubriand, sauce bearnaise, potatoes Anna
PERSONALITY: The complexity of the vineyard shines through a progression of dark fruit, cherry, dusty cocoa, cool mint and more. Celia's extraordinary winemaking skills are on display. This vineyard is worthy of her talents.
- Aged 20 months in 70% new French Oak
- Each year will have a distinct varietal percentage
- Temperature controlled since birth!
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*