LOOMIS FIRE Syrah, Napa Valley
Complimentary Ground Shipping on 3 or more bottles* USE CODE VINO
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Inaugural release - Decades in the making!
- 100% Napa Valley Loomis Estate fruit, organically farmed
- 2000 foot hillside vineyard, single estate, tiny 4 acres
WINEMAKER: Michael Andrews (Shadybrook Estate, Goosecross, White Cottage Ranch)
WHAT WE TASTED: Whoah! We've waited a long time for Jeff Loomis to produce this wine and it was worth it. Inky purple color and big, rich, savory aromas along with blueberry, blackberry and herbs. Massive concentration with more black fruit and a little pepper, smokey, yet fine grain tannins allow for a gorgeous balanced, soft finish.
AVA DESIGNATED: Napa Valley
PERSONALITY: When you reach the sky, turn left. A rare, Rhône varietal from a heady elevation. On a single mountain estate, Jeff Loomis set out to succeed where few have dared to dream. Everyone told him Rhone varietals would not succeed in Napa. First harvest was 2007 and he's proven naysayers wrong. Loomis wines are consistent winners and favorite in San Francisco Bay Area. Varietals: Syrah (6 clones), Grenache Noir (3 clones), Mourvedre, Counoise, Grenache Blanc, Viognier.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Chinese peking duck and spicy eggplant with plum sauce
- BBQ meat, onions, and peppers
- Gouda and blue cheese plate
Cacio y pepi pasta
- 5 day cold soak, 9 day primary fermentation
- Aged 19 months in 100% French oak
- Alc 15.1%
- 119 cases
- 100% Syrah
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!