ORSA Chardonnay- Sonoma County
- The winemaker's pedigree for one, having worked under Paul Hobbs and Chapoutier of the Rhone and Vinos Cobos of Mendoza
- Farmed using organic and regenerative agricultural practices
- Made to highlight the character of the grape from a cooler climate - this is not buttery Chard, but balanced - crisp to start, creamy to finish
WINEMAKER: Martin Bernal-Hafner: Chapoutier, Vinos Cobos, Paul Hobbs
WHAT WE TASTED:
We like to let this sit for about 15 minutes after taking out of the fridge. Citrusy, mineral aromas. The palate has a wonderful mouthfeel but not heavy and is balanced by a crisp acidity along with a zesty lemon and creamy finish. Creamy and smooth long finish.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Oysters every which way
- Waldorf salad: chicken, apples, pecans
- Soft and creamy cheese tray: Brie, Camambert, fresh Mozzarella
PERSONALITY: Martin spent time in Northern Rhone learning to make cool climate wines and it shows. Martin embodies wildcrafting wines using organic farming methods and letting nature always take its course. Sustainably farmed, patiently crafted, and humanly connected wines are the trademark of Alta Orsa. This Chardonnay reflects this philosophy with a sense of terroir and a character indicative of a handcrafted approach.
- 100% Chardonnay
- Alcohol 13.5%
- Only 100 cases made
Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 1 through Sept 30 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*. Our summer solutions overnight shipping rate is the best deal!